Learning that reduces risks to health, safety, security, and legal liability as well as encouraging best practices in research, operations, and outreach. System Usage

Click to LoginGUEST Access (non-MSU)
HELP weekdays: or 517-884-4600
Your activity is tracked & reportable to relevant agencies

Please complete the RVSM course in Chrome. Firefox & IE are not currently working. Enable pop-ups and cookies for Questions about training requirements and content can be referred to POE at or visit the Everfi site for FAQ,


General Subject Areas

  • Animal Care

    The IACUC requires training specific to each project involving animals to ensure their proper care.  Campus Animal Resources (CAR) also develops and delivers training in animal care and provide facility orientations.

    The Environmental Health & Safety unit provides training on potential hazards of handling animals - 

    Veterinary clinic students and staff should also review the AVMA-PLIT instructions.


  • CITI Programs

    CITI Programs Login


    • Animal Care
    • Clinical Research
    • Data Security
    • Responsible Conduct of Research
    • Export controls


  • Environmental Health & Safety

    Visit the EHS website to learn about their many training programs.

    Veterinary clinic students and staff should also review the AVMA-PLIT instructions.

  • Health Team (HIPAA & Fraud Awareness)

    MSU's Health Team Compliance unit oversees the development and delivery online courses and the assignment to specific employees. You will be notified to take the following training:

    • HIPAA Overview is required annually for:
      • all HealthTeam providers and staff
      • all Athena users
    • Fraud Awareness is required annually for:
      • Staff if you assist with billing or have access to confidential patient financial/health information (EHR)
      • Providers if they direct bill for services




  • Human Subjects (HRPP/IRB/GCP)

    Human Research Protection Program (HRPP/IRB) training track

    Good Clinical Practice (GCP)


  • Responsible Conduct of Research (RCR)

    What training do I need?

    Requirements vary.

    Graduate Student - The Grad School has developed guidelines effective Fall 2016 (MSU Grad School Chart.pdf). All academic units must provide RCR training plans. Thus, your college or department may require additional training (all unit plans).

    Federal Project - If working under a federal grant, that agency's requirements must also be met including NSF, or USDA-NIFA, NIH, or if conducting research involving animals or human subjects. (Federal agency requirements)

    Online Training

    CITI Programs - The Grad School recommends 4 initial and follow-up modules -

    IACUC and IRB training - Your department may recommend training that meets other MSU research requirements.

    In-Person Instruction

    The Grad School Workshop Series -

    Other in-person RCR events may include department seminars or individual coaching by your PI.

    Documentation of RCR Training

    Students can access their certificates of completion for each course or run a transcript report. Academic program directors and graduate secretaries can request reports based on academic major for graduate students. Contact the helpdesk ( or 517-884-4600).