2016-17 Update of ORA-EHS Training System
Conditions have changed in the LMS market, in learner styles, in training best practices, in vendor course catalog offerings. Five years is a long time for software and an upgrade is necessary to align with changes to browser security, MSU sign-on system, and web accessibility rules.
During the next few months, the Training-IT team will evaluate: Saba 7.2, moving to Saba Cloud, plus several other top-rated vendors. Input from all campus stakeholders is welcome.
The next step is to publish a formal Request for Proposal with detailed required and recommended features of a future regulatory compliance training LMS. The RFP document is expected to be released at the end of the month.
Preliminary information and demonstrations were obtained for a set of vendors -- chosen based on ratings and stated functionality.
- Thursday, March 10, 10:00-11:30 am - ThinkingCap
- Friday, March 11, 10:00-11:30 am - LearnUpon
- Friday, March 11, 12:15-1:15 pm - Litmos
- Thursday, March 17, 2:00-3:00 pm - MaxIT
- Friday, March 18, 12:00 – 1:00 pm - SkillPort
- Thursday, March 31, 12:00-1:00 pm - SumTotal
- Friday, April 6, 10:00-11:00 am - Inquisiq
More demonstrations will be scheduled based on responses received from the RFP process. If you would like to view post-RFP demos or be kept informed about the process, please sign-up.